Medical Claims Specialist
We are currently seeking professional employees with strong administrative skills to support our healthcare advisory division. This position consists of a structured training program that teaches employees how to research and resolve outstanding medical claims and document their progress throughout the life of the claims corrections process until the claim can be re-filed.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in developing skills in a high demand industry. Our company offers competitive variable pay, growth opportunities, and a full benefits package available after completion of the probationary period.
Pay Rate: $11.00 per hour + variable incentive pay
- Utilize research methods in determination of outstanding balance, online research via insurance company portals, and telephone calls to organizations surrounding claims status.
- Professionally communicate with insurance resources by website, e-mail, telephone, and customer service departments, etc.
- Utilizes and applies industry knowledge to research and resolve outstanding claims
- Accurately document claim progress throughout the life of the claim corrections process until the claim can be re-filed.
- Remain open-minded with change
- Possess a sense of ownership and personal accountability for productivity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required, AS or BA preferred
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry and/or with medical terminology/coding strongly preferred
- Previous professional office or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Must have consistent attendance
- Professional demeanor and attitude coupled with a team player mindset
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
Apply with us for the opportunity to join a team that is committed to our core values: integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, and a passion for excellence.