Recruiting Solutions is a locally owned, independent staffing agency that provides customized workforce solutions on a direct hire, contract to hire and temporary basis. The key to our success has been building quality, long-term partnerships with our client companies and field associates. Recruiting Solutions is here to help you find career opportunities that best fit your preferences and talents with employers of choice.
Recruiting Solutions specializes in placing experienced professionals in the following categories: Office Professional, IT and Skilled Manufacturing. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, we can help you make the right connection that works for you!
Job Title: Counter Sales Representative
*Pay is $16/hr-$21hr BOE with a monthly AND quarterly counter incentive if goals are met
The Counter Sales Representative position requires a significant amount of plumbing knowledge, industry knowledge, mechanical ability, and troubleshooting skills. Counter Sales Reps sell plumbing fixtures and repair parts to a large commercial and residential customer base. The individuals in this position build and maintain customer relationships with a positive attitude, learned product knowledge, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to count money back to a customer.
- Proper phone etiquette.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate a point of sale terminal including entering orders/quotes.
- Conduct monetary transactions via credit card and cash.
- Be team-oriented
- Possess plumbing industry knowledge related to major manufacturers, technical parts breakdowns, and plumbing repairs.
- Five years or more of plumbing industry experience is preferred.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Sell plumbing fixtures and repair parts to a large customer base via telephone, chat, email, and walk-in.
- Set-up and restock store displays and shelves.
- Monitor backorder report and keep customers informed about their order’s expected ship date.
- Communicate inventory needs and special order items to purchasing.
- Report lost sales for stock items to purchasing.
- Maintain cleanliness of the counter and sales floor areas at all times.
- Keep the counter and sales areas organized at all times.
- Make changes for inventory information as needed including adjustments, bin location changes, etc.
- Assist inside sales, outside sales, customer service and other departments with technical questions or product identification upon request.
- Enter quotes and orders into the company software (FACTS).
- Work with other counter employees and branch manager to: set and achieve sales goals and create sales promotions.
- Maintain or improve counter sales business channel performance with respect to gross margin.
- Provide customers with technical parts breakdowns, pictures, product recommendations, etc.
- Learn company product lines and products that are commonly sold on the counter.
Non-Essential Functions of the Job:
- Learn and demonstrate the companies technology to customers including websites, apps, etc.
- Participate in trade shows, counter days, etc. as needed.
- Participate in annual inventory count.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.