This position is a direct hire position, 3rd shift 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. (with possibility of moving to 1st), $13.25
Job Summary: Main responsibility is to suppport the production effort by reacting uickly to processing problems, troubleshooting and tooling repair. Must be able to evaluate problems quickly to minimize down time of spray painters. Responsible for performing backup for the Set-Up person and all maks repair duties.
Work Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and evaluates repairs on mechanical and paint-related production problems
- Performs all assigned preventative maintenance on paint and production equipment, such as pots, spray guns, paint equipment and tooling. Records all maintenance per established procedures.
- Welds and repairs tooling effectively when required
- Operates an automatic spray paint machine
- Repairs all paint-related equipment, such as spray guns, hoses, paint pot and fixtures
- Acts as a back up for the set-up person
- Changes rack tooling as needed
- Follows plant safety rules and regulations
- Maintains good housekeeping and safe working conditions at all times
- Performs other tasks assigned by designated supervisor
Supervision: Direction and job assignments will be provided by the Process Manager and/or Shift Supervisor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- physically capable of performing all duties and functions involved in the job. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of three years eperience in a high volume industrial spray painting operation and tooling repair preferred
- The ability to meet the specifications listed below must be demonstrated on the job
- Must be a self-starter; able to work without supervision
- Able to read a blueprint and/or diagram
- Highly developed mechanical ability
- Must be able to weld