Recruiting Solutions is seeking a Rolling Stock Mechanic. This is a direct hire opportunity with a local engineering, manufacturing, and specialty services provider in Columbia, SC. This position will be responsible for maintenance of railcars and troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic systems. Qualified candidates will possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Duties will also include travelling both domestically and internationally to mobile test cars in order to perform maintenance and document repairs. Experience with railcars and knowledge of track safety principles are a plus!
What We’re Looking For
Sound like the perfect fit? You might be the right person if you have… ?
- Knowledge of bogie dynamics (suspension, damper, braking systems, journal box, etc.) ?
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic components knowledge ?
- Great problem solving, communication, and organizational skills ?
- Excellent Microsoft office and operating system skills
What Is Required
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or equivalent military electronics school ?
- Ability to read and interpret electrical/mechanical/pneumatic drawings ?
- Domestic field service – travel required ?
- Must hold a valid driver’s license