Recruiting Solutions is seeking CNC Machinists for a manufacturing company located in Columbia, South Carolina.
Plan and perform a variety of machine operations utilizing computerized numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties:
- Interprets basic drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, and turning on CNC machining centers or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances
- Reviews OCS / OS sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence, tooling requirements / changes and dimensions of finished work piece
- Make offsets and adjustments as required to compensate for tool wear or changes
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications
- Performs all duties for Level I as mentioned above
- Able to perform open inspection setups using gage blocks, roll pins, micro hites, micrometers and calipers, etc.
- Utilize knowledge of CNC concepts, theories, and terminology to perform machine setups, change fixtures, modify programs, and qualify first piece for production with minimal assistance from Machine Technicians
- Ability to perform most jobs in the department and/or have the ability and skills needed to run any CNC job with minimum training
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, must be able to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals
- Ability to use and interpret SPC data as required
- Ability to read blueprints
- Must be able to calculate metric and standard measurements, and possess a knowledge of basic measuring and testing equipment