Recruiting Solutions Overview
Recruiting Solutions is a locally owned, independent staffing agency that provides customized workforce solutions on a direct hire, contract to hire and temporary basis. The key to our success has been building quality, long-term partnerships with our client companies and field associates. Recruiting Solutions is here to help you find career opportunities that best fit your preferences and talents with employers of choice.
Recruiting Solutions specializes in placing experienced professionals in the following categories: Office Professional, IT, and Skilled Manufacturing. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, we can help you make the right connection that works for you!
Recruiting Solutions is seeking CNC Machinists for a manufacturing company located in Columbia, South Carolina.
Plan and perform a variety of machine operations utilizing computerized numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties:
- Interprets basic drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, and turning on CNC machining centers or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances
- Reviews OCS / OS sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence, tooling requirements / changes and dimensions of finished work piece
- Make offsets and adjustments as required to compensate for tool wear or changes
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications
- Performs all duties for Level I as mentioned above
- Able to perform open inspection setups using gage blocks, roll pins, micro hites, micrometers and calipers, etc.
- Utilize knowledge of CNC concepts, theories, and terminology to perform machine setups, change fixtures, modify programs, and qualify first piece for production with minimal assistance from Machine Technicians
- Ability to perform most jobs in the department and/or have the ability and skills needed to run any CNC job with minimum training
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, must be able to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals
- Ability to use and interpret SPC data as required
- Ability to read blueprints
- Must be able to calculate metric and standard measurements, and possess a knowledge of basic measuring and testing equipment