Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and improve hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Complete shop records and use reporting systems following established procedures
- Provide quick response to maintenance requests and calls from maintenance leadership and manufacturing operations teams
- Follow safe work methods and procedures at all times to avoid injury to self and co-workers or damage to company property. Must use of all required personal protective equipment, following safety precautions (e.g. LOTO), ensuring machine guards, etc.
- Perform welding and plumbing as needed
- Follow proper housekeeping standards to ensure clean and organized maintenance work areas
- Operate motorized equipment, including but not limited to scissor lifts, fork trucks, etc.
- Use a wide range of powered tools, hand tools, and vibratory tools/equipment
Requirements of the Maintenance Technician:
- Mechanical aptitude – ability to understand basic mechanical concepts and relationships
- Knowledge of safe shop operation practices
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude; willingness to learn new ways and meet expectations of the various maintenance assignments
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Education and/or work experience requirements:
- Certified Journeyman with 2 or more years of experience in one of the following trades: Electrical or Mechanical,
- OR Associates Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical field with at least 2 years of current hands-on working experience,
- OR Minimum of 8 years of experience working in Industrial Maintenance trades
- Ability to read / understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Experience working with 480V, 220V, 120V, and low volt DC electrical controls and systems
- Able to read blueprints, electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to operate motorized equipment, including but not limited to scissor lifts, fork trucks, etc.
- Ability to use a wide range of powered tools and hand tools and vibratory tools/equipment.
- Must be able to supply your own tools
- Physical demands of the position include: bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, squatting, kneeling/crawling, climbing/ balance (e.g. stairs, ladders, catwalks, mobile equipment), reaching at, below and above shoulder level, flex/extend neck, grasping, squeezing, manual dexterity (gross and fine motor), sitting, walking and standing for long periods of time. Handling and lifting of parts or materials - minimum of 50 lbs. lifting/carrying and 75 ft-lbs. pushing/pulling is required.
- Ability to change shifts, work overtime and weekends as required
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.