Recruiting Solutions is a locally owned, independent staffing agency that provides customized workforce solutions on a direct hire, contract to hire and temporary basis. The key to our success has been building quality, long-term partnerships with our client companies and field associates. Recruiting Solutions is here to help you find career opportunities that best fit your preferences and talents with employers of choice.
Recruiting Solutions specializes in placing experienced professionals in the following categories: Office Professional, IT and Skilled Manufacturing. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, we can help you make the right connection that works for you!
A company in Williamston, SC is looking for a Tool and Die maker. There is a 1st and 2nd shift available. Hours for 1st shift are 6:00am-2:30pm. 2nd shift hours are 2:30pm-11:00pm. Pay is depending on experience, $18-25/hr. Duties include but are not limited to: analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair single bit and progressive dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies specifications, blueprints, sketches, models, and shop data and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools including lathes and grinder to machine parts; verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
Smoothes flat and contoured surfaces; fits and assembles parts together and into assembled tools and dies.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Heat-treats tools or parts.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures; recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools; draws or sketches design of product.
- Assists in instructing apprentice.
- High school education or equivalent with five years tool and die repair or related technical experience. Accredited journeyman’s tool maker certificate preferred.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend safety, operating, and maintenance documents and procedures.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to obtain industrial powered lift truck license.