Recruiting Solutions is a locally owned, independent staffing agency that provides customized workforce solutions on a direct hire, contract to hire and temporary basis. The key to our success has been building quality, long-term partnerships with our client companies and field associates. Recruiting Solutions is here to help you find career opportunities that best fit your preferences and talents with employers of choice.
Recruiting Solutions specializes in placing experienced professionals in the following categories: Office Professional, IT and Skilled Manufacturing. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, we can help you make the right connection that works for you!
A company in Williamston, SC is in need of a Maintenance Technician on 1st shift. The hours are 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday and overtime as needed. Pay is depending on experience but ranges from $17-20/hr. Duties include but are not limited to: installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, and physical structure in manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem and/or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Conducts minor repairs and maintenance of physical structure.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, and drilling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs work surfaces or related structures.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties as required by maintenance procedures.
- Assists with hanging steel coils and setting new coils into dies.
- High school education or equivalent with 3 years maintenance or related experience.
- Excellent, demonstrated mechanical skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good math skills; ability to calculate and comprehend necessary math concepts
- Ability to complete required paperwork through basic reading and writing skills.
- Ability to move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to obtain an industrial powered lift truck license.
- Ability to obtain an overhead crane license.
- Ability to be trained to operate a scissor lift truck.
- General knowledge of various metal stamping equipment