Healthcare Claims Specialist
Our Healthcare Division is seeking professional candidates with strong administrative skills and a knack for getting to the root of the problem. If you are driven to resolve problems and love working a team environment, this could be a great opportunity for you. Your training will teach how to research and resolve outstanding medical claims and document their progress throughout the life of the claims until it can be re-filed. This is not a customer service position or a medical billing and coding position, but does involve aspects of both.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in developing skills in a high-demand industry. We promote from within and many of our supervisors began in this role. We offer competitive variable pay based on productivity, growth opportunities, and a full benefits package available after completion of the probationary period.
- Research outstanding claims balances using online research via insurance company portals, and telephone calls to organizations regarding claims status.
- Professionally communicate with insurance resources by website, e-mail, telephone, and customer service departments, etc.
- Take initiative to utilize and apply industry knowledge to resolve outstanding claims
- Accurately document progress of each claim throughout cycle
- Remain open-minded to change and demonstrate flexibility
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and personal accountability for productivity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required, AS or BA preferred
- Must have experience using and navigating Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) with at least 1 year in a medical office or billing and coding
- Must possess knowledge of insurance carrier billing and reimbursement, medical terminology, ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT codes
- Ability to work independently while understanding the importance of team work
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Must have predictable and consistent attendance
- Professional demeanor and attitude; ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with basic mathematical concepts