Recruiting Solutions is currently seeking experienced Materials Planner for a contract position in McBee, SC. This person is responsible for Indirect Material (MRO) and Direct raw material replenishment required to maintain production requirements. The Planner will report to the Materials Supervisor and will communicate across all functions of the business to ensure material flow is maintained to meet business needs. This role will also work closely with maintenance and engineering to ensure proper replenishment strategies and stocking levels of critical spare parts.
- Establish strategies to improve supply chain, solve shortage issues and strengthen supplier relationships
- Work with engineering on new product introductions, including early supplier involvement
- Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc.
- Applies cost effective measures as related to support standard cost and make/buy decisions
- Serve as liaison between the supply base and all internal departments on all matters involving materials and purchases, or affecting production and achievement of the shipping plan
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field of study is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of materials planning experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with ERP systems
- SAP experience preferred
- Supplier relations/communication experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Above average computer/technology skills – must demonstrate comfort learning new technologies and implementing them in work.
- APICS/CPIM strongly preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret MRP data and engineering drawings while applying sound planning principles.
- Ability to manage and manipulate systems data and parameters to ensure stocking levels while maintaining high customer service.
- Ability to work overtime as required by business needs, including nights and/or weekends.