Recruiting Solutions is currently seeking a Maintenance Superintendent to join a manufacturing client in Florence, SC. This is a Direct Hire opportunity that will operate on 1st shift. The Maintenance Superintendent would assist in the planning, developing, implementing, controlling and supervising all plant maintenance programs. This includes buildings, equipment, boiler room, refrigeration and waste treatment. Coordinate all work needed to keep plant in operation; establish a good line of communication between mechanical and plant operations.
- Maintain an effective preventative maintenance schedule and control mechanical inventories. Encourage good work habits and promote safety.
- Develop a staff of competent personnel who are capable of performing their job requirements satisfactorily.
- Assist in identifying, developing and implementing maintenance programs or special projects that will result in achieving or exceeding established labor goals by recommending new methods, layouts and/or equipment changes.
- Assist in the planning and developing of short and long range operational method plans that will position company to capitalize on current and future market conditions with competitive operating cost.
- Assist in the planning, developing and implementation of an effective preventative maintenance program in all production departments to minimize downtime and costs.
- Plan, develop and implement a parts inventory control program which provides dollar value and status inventory.
- Control mechanical expenses within established budget and actively pursue cost reduction opportunities in labor, material cost and inventory balance of spare parts.
- Establish and clearly communicate realistic job requirements for subordinates; provide frequent feedback and review on performance, and accurately appraise performance results against communicated expectation.
- Identify training needs (both technical and managerial) for your team to result in measurable performance improvements.
- Familiar with OSHA and FSIS regulations and work with FSIS to receive, evaluate and report work needed to keep the plant running in accordance with government requirements.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on cost control, cost estimates and manpower/facility forecasts.
- Supervises workers engaged in major painting projects, performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork and furnishings of buildings, and maintaining/repairing building utility systems such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilation systems.
- Supervises workers engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical and plant equipment, buildings and facilities.
- Utilizes working knowledge of electrical systems, both control and industrial wiring, pipe fitting, plumbing, welding, shop machinery, sheet metal, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical controls and instrumentation to maintain plant equipment at optimal level.
- Utilizes knowledge of automatic equipment operation, to include setup, repair and tear down, to maintain plant equipment at optimal levels.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications and standards
- Prepares work schedules and makes work assignments to subordinates.
- Establishes and maintains preventative maintenance programs and procedures. Administers training programs to ensure proper operations, preventative maintenance and repair programs and procedures.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment and excellent knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronic, PLC’s, mechanical equipment, refrigeration, boilers and facilities.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- MP2 experience preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.