Recruiting Solutions is seeking Fit Welders for a steel manufacturing client in the Sumter, SC area for their 2nd Shift. Primary functions of this role includes setting up and operating MIG welding equipment to fit and weld fabricated sheet metal parts into fitted boxes to specified dimensional tolerances by performing specified duties. Pay would start at $14/hr with room for growth.
- Inspect trays for defects from previous operations.
- Must be able to weld to exact tolerances on all products.
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform all duties and responsibilities referenced in the work instructions for this position.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings and blue prints and use a tape measure correctly.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently to meet daily production goals.
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime daily or weekends or have your daily scheduled changed with little or no notice.
- High School diploma or general education degree
- 1 to 3 months related experience and/ or training;
- Metal fabrication experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. The employee must be willing to work in a hot and humid environment without air conditioning
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move more than 100 pounds and be comfortable with heavy lifting and / or physical labor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.