Experienced infant-care and preschool program director or supervisor. $48,000 annual salary in addition to competitive benefits.
Responsibilities include hiring staff, managing enrollment, fostering cooperative relationships with parents and staff, ensuring compliance of standards set by law, and overseeing day-to-day activities at the daycare center.
EXPERIENTIAL, EDUCATIONAL, AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of experience in early childhood education
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in early childhood education is strongly preferred
- Must be CPR certified, have TB test clearance, and complete a health screening
- Contingent upon criminal background investigation including fingerprinting
- Contingent upon favorable and verifiable professional references
- In addition, the candidate must have completed either option 1 or option 2:
OPTION 1: High school graduation or GED and 15 semester units at an accredited college in specified early childhood education classes. Three of the required units must be in administration or staff relations and 12 units must include courses that cover the area of child growth and development; child, family and community; and program/curriculum and at least 3 semester units completed must be related to infant care and four years of teaching experience in a licensed center or comparable group child care program (Two years of experience is required if the director has an AA degree with a major in child development) OR
OPTION 2: A Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or Child Development Program Director permit issued by the CCTC
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION - Starting salary up to $48,000 annually with generous benefits including:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Paid Holidays, Jury Duty, and Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Program for certain discounts on entertainment, restaurants, etc.
Job Type: Full-time