Successful business management and consulting firm seeks a high-energy individual to join its payroll department. Due to the fast pace and transactional nature of this organization, payroll experience is preferred but may be substituted with repetitive, transactional financial experience such as banking or financial analysis where accuracy is critical. Must have the ability and the desire to learn new software and processes, and work in a cooperative team environment.
In addition to performing payroll processes, this direct-hire position will also interact with clients to address questions and provide excellent customer service.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS OF THE PAYROLL SPECIALIST
- Knowledge of computer systems, spreadsheets and applications
- Proficient with MSWord and Excel
- Skill in examining documents for correctness and interpreting their accuracy
- Solid, accurate 10-key skills
- Ability to accurately perform a high volume of mathematical computations and compute ratios and percentages
- Knowledge of payroll practices and procedures is strongly preferred, but may be substituted with repetitive, transactional financial experience
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
COMPENSATION: $17 - $20 per hour, plus generous benefits including employer-paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, RX, 401(K),sick leave, holidays, and PTO