Recruiting Solutions is hiring a Claims Examiner for a client in the Columbia, SC area. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in developing skills in a high-demand industry. We promote from within and many of our supervisors began in this role. We offer competitive variable pay based on productivity, growth opportunities, and a full benefits package available after completion of the probationary period.
- Research outstanding claims balances using online research via insurance company portals, and telephone calls to organizations regarding claims status.
- Professionally communicate with insurance resources by website, e-mail, telephone, and customer service departments, etc.
- Take initiative to utilize and apply industry knowledge to resolve outstanding claims
- Accurately document progress of each claim throughout cycle
- Remain open-minded to change and demonstrate flexibility
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and personal accountability for productivity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required, AS or BA preferred
- At least 1 year in a medical office or billing and coding
- Must possess knowledge of insurance carrier billing and reimbursement, medical terminology, ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT codes
- Ability to work independently while understanding the importance of team work
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Must have predictable and consistent attendance
- Professional demeanor and attitude; ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with basic mathematical concepts
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.