Truck Shop Technician
- Mount refuse truck body (roll-off, front loader, hook lifts and rear loaders) to bare truck chassis.
- Work with electrical, air and hydraulic systems in the mounting of truck bodies to the chassis.
- Fabrication techniques to weld, cut, bend and shape metal.
- Product specific information will be provided on the job.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
- Mechanical abilities a must.
- Strong base of general mechanical knowledge in medium and heavy duty trucks.
- Follow truck chassis electrical schematics and diagrams along with having knowledge of truck body electrical systems and their interface with chassis electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of basic mobile hydraulics and be able to follow a hydraulic schematic.
- Must be able to follow body manufacturer’s installation instructions and layout drawings to prepare a bare chassis for installation of a refuse body.
- Welding, torch/plasma cutting and metal fitting skills. Some of this can be learned and fine tuned on the job.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Follow directions from shop foreman of daily tasks.
- Current driver’s license.
- Degree in Diesel Equipment Technology Program, Mechatronics or other technical area.
- Experience in the refuse industry.
- Mechanical background.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay rate based on experience
- Daily overtime
- Paid time off after 90 days
- Uniforms provided after 90 days
- Incentive bonus available
- Full benefit package available