The Maintenance Technician supports appliance manufacturing operations to ensure equipment reliability and uptime in support of safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives. It is an industrial maintenance role involving machine setup, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Education and/or work experience requirements:
- Certified Journeyman with 2 or more years of experience in one of the following trades: Electrical or Mechanical,
- OR Associates Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical field with at least 2 years of current hands-on working experience,
- OR Minimum of 8 years of experience working in Industrial Maintenance trades
- Ability to read / understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Experience working with 480V, 220V, 120V, and low volt DC electrical controls and systems
- Able to read blueprints, electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to operate motorized equipment, including but not limited to scissor lifts, fork trucks, etc.
- Ability to use a wide range of powered tools and hand tools and vibratory tools/equipment.
- Must be able to supply your own tools
- Physical demands of the position include: bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, squatting, kneeling/crawling, climbing/ balance (e.g. stairs, ladders, catwalks, mobile equipment), reaching at, below and above shoulder level, flex/extend neck, grasping, squeezing, manual dexterity (gross and fine motor), sitting, walking and standing for long periods of time. Handling and lifting of parts or materials - minimum of 50 lbs. lifting/carrying and 75 ft-lbs. pushing/pulling is required.
- Ability to change shifts, work overtime and weekends as required