The Quality Engineer is responsible for quality assurance, inspection, calibration, PPAP, and NCR/CAR activities.
- Manage the quality value stream (PPAPs, NPI, 8D’s) from the supplier to the customer for his or her specific product area of responsibility including:
- Partner with suppliers to continually improve supplier quality and supplier quality issues
- Facilitates root cause analysis and implementation of permanent root cause corrective action to resolve quality problems for his or her specific product area of responsibility.
- Drive improvement in the organization utilizing statistical, data-driven methods and techniques including tools such as trend analyses, capability studies, Gage R&R studies, ANOVA, Design of experiments, etc.
- Ensure the Calibration system is managed to NIST and ISO requirements for measuring tools and gauges on production and IM&T equipment.
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of control plans, PFMEA’s and other APQP documentation for continuous improvement
- Maintain the quality management system to meet or exceed ISO9001/TS16949 and customer requirements.
- Performs and assists with Internal and external audits
- Assist customers and technical support representatives to resolve complaints and claims
- Lead First Article Inspections and Production Part Approvals.
- Successfully work and interact within cross-functional teams to achieve business initiatives.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
The following qualifications are required:
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications a plus. Desired: Certified Quality Technician (CQT).
- Six Sigma Green Belt desired.