Anderson & Associates Recruitment and Staffing is recruiting junior designer talent for a part-time contract position with the nation's fastest-growing online home-improvement retailer, Build.com. $18/hour, possibly more, depending upon experience. Basic skills such as knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite programs and a strong drive to grow and learn in a fast-paced retail environment are needed for this lively culture.
- A brilliant portfolio showcasing your best work
- Willingness to learn and incorporate feedback
- Ability to follow instructions and improvise where needed
- An excellent eye for clean design and typography
- Attention to detail and a know how to effectively self-proof work
- Moderate knowledge and experience with entire Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects (other motion design platforms are acceptable), Acrobat, and the Mac OS X operating system
- Light Html/CSS knowledge
- A firm grasp on how to create brand specific content to push out on social sites
- Full Time availability
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, team player, and quick learner
NICE IF YOU HAVE
- Interest in interior and design trends
- Experience in media arts (photography, videography, audio, etc.)
EXAMPLES OF WORK YOU MIGHT PERFORM
- Production work on a catalog spread
- Create a featured Favorites List
- Tag and organize images in Build's library
- Ideate concept for social campaign
- Create a graphic or motion design for a social media post
- Poster for internal promotion
JOB TYPE: Part-time, long-term temporary. Minimum of 20 hours per week with potential of full-time work.
PERKS: On any given day you might enjoy a free food truck lunch, work on an email design, get a cup of organic coffee in the break-room, attend a brand training, or help produce engaging social content.