Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains general ledger, reconciles account balances and performs month end close procedures. Utilizes appropriate accounting controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financials.
Due to the immediate need to fill this critical position, will consider qualified candidates who are available for work for the next 12 months.
- Process monthly financial close by closing various modules in software package.
- Prepare monthly accruals, prepayments and miscellaneous bank transactions.
- Prepare monthly credit card journal.
- Reconcile all company bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts identifying composition of existing balances.
- Manage fixed asset register including additions, disposals, depreciation and reconciliation to GL.
- Manage Escheatment process ensuring due diligence standards and reporting deadlines are met.Produce Weekly Flash Reporting for Anderson subsidiary.
- Support the benefit department on financial related issues, e.g. 401k reconciliation.
- Liaise with external accountants and tax offices to resolve corporation tax issues.
- Assist with information requests for annual external audit.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Recommend system and process improvements to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Quarterly multiple worksite reporting
- Quarterly and Annual Census reporting
- Prepare and submit annual property tax returns.
- Reviews weekly check run prepared by accounts payable staff.
- Develops and maintains the company’s accounts payable policies and procedures manual.
- Trains and supervises accounts payable staff to ensure accurate processing of invoices and prompt resolution of internal and external queries.
- Monthly reconciliation of AP to GL.
- Prepare 1099’s annually.
- Weekly review and reporting of Aged Receivables status to VP.
- Liaise with internal and external customers resolve any credit / collection issues.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Other tasks, duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
Position Requirements – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications (company uses Great Plains)
- Proven, Excel skills (Very Strong needed - creating reports)
- Demonstrated ability in working effectively and efficiently with co-workers in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and colleagues
- Exercise a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to communicate skillfully and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Adept in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office Suite efficiently.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Contingent upon post-offer criminal background check and favorable professional references
Education & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Three (3) years related work experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is performed in a fast paced office environment with moderate noise. This position involves frequent contact with staff and the public. This position may be stressful at times and contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. This position must have reliable transportation in order to visit clients and worksite employees. The work hours of this position may be extended periodically based on workload.