Work Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment, building and production machines as assignment by supervisor.
- Performs welding in various tasks, such as affixing brackets properly to mount electrical and mechanical components.
- Operates cutting torch to remove attached components and to braze metal pieces.
- Updates minor changes on hydraulic, pneumatic and building prints.
- Rebuilds small components, hydraulic, robots and pneumatic pumps.
- Installs small components for updating equipment.
- Assists in the installation of all new equipment in the plant.
- Monitors support equipment; air compressor, cooling tower, etc.
- Knows waste treatment preventative maintenance and repair.
- Reports safety hazards, follows lockout procedures and safety rules in the plant.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the work area.
- Performs other tasks assigned by designated supervisor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Physically capable of performing all duties and functions involved in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equipment preferred.
- One to two years technical training or industrial maintenance experience preferred.
- The ability to meet the specifications listed below must be demonstrated on the job
- Basic understanding of control prints for hydraulic and pneumatic machinery.
- Must have the ability to perform duties and responsibilities of lower maintenance classifications.
- Obtain hi-lo license and operate hi-lo safely.
- General understanding of electrical schematics.
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers and other basic tools.
Pay is between $18-19/hr depending on experience