Responsibilities of the Materials Planner:
- Establish strategies to improve supply chain, solve shortage issues and strengthen supplier relationships
- Obtain materials, components and equipment, as required by the production schedule
- Plan, schedule, monitor materials through the development, prototype and production cycle
- Expedite orders as necessary. Identify actual and potential delivery problems and take proactive steps to inform appropriate personnel
- Verify data accuracy (parts numbers, BOMs, Part Costs) in MRP; report problems to appropriate parties
- Track progress of parts to ensure on-time delivery
- Work with engineering on new product introductions, including early supplier involvement
- Implement improvement processes to reduce inventory and non-value added work
- Perform supplier audits, and ongoing supplier ratings
- Control incoming freight and handling costs
- Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc. Applies cost effective measures as related to support standard cost and make/buy decisions.
- Serve as liaison between the supply base and all internal departments on all matters involving materials and purchases, or affecting production and achievement of the shipping plan
Qualifications of the Materials Planner:Excellent oral and written communication skillsAbove average computer/technology skills - must demonstrate comfort learning new technologies and implementing them in work APICS/CPIM preferredAbility to analyze and interpret MRP data, and engineering drawings while applying sound planning principlesAbility manage and manipulate systems data and parameters to ensure stocking levels while maintaining high customer serviceBachelor's Degree in business or related field of study and/or equivalent experienceAt least 2 years of materials planning experienceExperience with ERP systems
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.