Temporary assignment is estimated to go into July 2019
Under general direction, the Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. Assists in maintaining the human resource database and all employee records and files. Assists in informing new employees of human resource policies and programs as needed. Performs general office support functions and assists area personnel as necessary.
You must pass a Lifescan background check.
Internal Relationships: All Staff, Interns and Volunteers
External Relationships: Applicants, Information Resources, Attorneys
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the human resource database (ALICE). Migrating to a new database KRONOS - experience with this software would be a huge benefit to potential candidates.
- Enters new hire information in the human resource system database.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate maintenance of employee personnel and supplemental files and searches the files for information.
- Plans, prepares, and coordinates the new hire intake process, including all post-offer, pre-employment paperwork and screenings.
- Monthly updates to the employee list, review list, I-9’s.
- Tracks monthly department safety trainings.
- Completes miscellaneous research, reports, and memos as requested including the EEO-1 report and the Fair Pay Survey.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relations with applicants, visitors, callers, and business professionals.
- Receives and tracks employment applications. Send appropriate letters to applicants.
- Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Maintains and projects the Agency’s professional reputation.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Agency personnel and with management.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Regular attendance
- Initiates and completes employee benefit enrollment, including entering all employee information into all insurance databases and portals as well as inputs all deductions and benefits into the payroll system.
- Inputs wage changes for all employees into the payroll system (Financial Edge).
- Inputs and changes all deductions and benefits for employees in
- Inputs and sets up new employees and terminates old employees in Financial Edge and ALICE.
- Responds to wage garnishments.
- Verifies all billing for benefits and Human Resources accounts.
- Responds to home loan applications.
- Completes the pre-hire process with all employees, including: Communicating with CCL to verify and obtain all clearances, obtains TB and Physicals, obtains driving records, verifies previous employment and education via Americhek, verifies eligibility for employment via Medi-Cal, Inspector General’s Exclusions list, SAM database and the Death Master checklist.
- Completes the new hire process by filling out all paperwork with the new hire and providing all information required by law.
- Adds and removes employees from DMV pull database.
- Distributes 401k information and enrolls employees into the 401k program.
- Tracks and reports employee hours for the ACA and submits ACA reporting to the IRS.
- Handles confidential employee information
- Aids in the termination process
- Cross trained in the Accounting Department
- Provides fill in assistance with mail collection and drop off as well as bank deposits
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this assignment successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least one year of related experience.
- Additional related training preferred.
- Basic understanding of human resource functions.
- Knowledge of all related computer applications.
- Understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
- Well organized.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communications and public relations abilities.
- Strong typing and computer application skills.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Able to operate telephone, PC, copier, and other basic business machines.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and produce manuals. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from supervised staff, co-workers, managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to define and deal with problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and think creatively. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis:
? Keyboarding & viewing Monitor
? On the phone
? Talking and/or hearing
? Reach with hands and arms
The following lists physical demands an employee may perform on an occasional basis:
(0 to 3 hrs. per day.)
Duties are performed inside office with climate control.
This position regularly requires being able to work at close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) and for driving, distance vision (clear at more than 20 feet).
The typical noise level in the work environment of this position is of moderate notice. On occasion, you may be subjected to a loud noise level.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – SOCIAL
Employee shall work in a non-hostile work environment. This is, the employee is expected not to engage in any activity that unreasonably interferes with performance of any other employee, such as sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination or any other behavior unduly demeans or intimidates another employee.
As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees, clients and vendors at all times.
Use of your personal vehicle may be necessary for business. You will be responsible for keeping a mileage record and submitting it to your supervisor for reimbursement. Proof of current liability insurance on your personal vehicle must be provided at time of employment and when it expires. Personal vehicle insurance is the primary coverage in case you are in an accident in your vehicle while on business for
Any offer of employment is contingent upon taking and passing a health screening /TB test, which is required to have within the first 7-days from start date (or your most recent TB test within the last year). The examination assesses a candidate’s ability to meet the physical demands of the position with or without accommodation in accordance with applicable statues for applicants with disabilities.
Any offer of employment is also continent upon taking and successfully passing a criminal background investigation (fingerprinting/live scan); the guidelines set forth by the Department of Justice in accordance with the State’s Penal Code Section 11105.2 and if applicable, provide proof of a California State license or credential, which required a criminal background check before issuance of license or credential.
Any offer of employment is also contingent upon having a DMV record that passes the criteria from the Agency’s insurance carrier and providing said record at time of employment and receiving good and valid rapports on reference checks.
Applicants who refuse to submit to testing or who do not pass all tests or provide required documents, will not be hired or retained in employment.