We are looking to hire a prep cook in the Mechanicsburg area.
We need a prep cook for 1st shift. Work week is Monday through Friday.
It is a temp to hire position.
Great benefits and wage increase upon hiring.
We are looking for energetic, friendly, goal-oriented people who take pride in cooking and exceeding standards. We are also looking for someone with food safety knowledge, knife skills and at least 6 months of cooking experience. If this is you, we would love to have you on our team! Please respond to this job post with your resume.
Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service. (chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces, etc.)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
Prep Cook Requirements:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
Must be able to pass a criminal background clearance.