Certified Forklift Operator
Client Location: Chicago, IL. and South Holland, IL.
Available Shifts: 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the RF hand held scanner
- Using load sheet, verify carrier and pallet quantity before loading on truck trailer.
- Inspect pallets to prevent product damage and missing cases.
- Inspect all trailers to ensure cleanliness and compliance
- Unload packaging and branch transfer products from trailers.
- Complete load sheet., verify code dates and label.
- Perform pre-op inspection of forklift before operation. Change, inspect and charge batteries per standard operating procedures (SOPs) and document changes
- Check assigned aisles in warehouse to ensure they are clean and well maintained
- Operate the pallet inverter or pallet changer when necessary
- Operate stretch wrap machine when necessary Put away pallets of FG from production lines or receiving dock.
- Examine contents and compares with records, such as manifests, invoices, bills of lading and other records to verify the accuracy of the incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare material for shipping ensuring freight is properly packed, labeled and staged in designated areas with relevant documentation.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1 year of Forklift experience
- Forklift Certification preferred.
- Warehouse distribution environment experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previously licensed/certified as a forklift driver and must be able to pass skills test for license/certification as well as written test for sit down and stand up forklift
- Good math skills are required
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment