Client is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, client develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
We currently have openings for Senior Electrical Engineers in the Houston area. In this position you will serve as a lead engineer on customer projects and/or serve as a project manager on engineering related projects in your area of expertise. Specific, on-the-job training will be provided. As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance including overseeing design and implementation activities of less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Design, plan, integrate, test and commission hardware and software on customer control systems including some customer training.
- Understand and document customer system and service requirements, through customer contact and communications.
- Customize system, hardware and network configuration based on customer requirements and provide networking, system and application design.
- Assist in the development of engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Project Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Power Systems Engineering
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related field of study.
- Four or more years of related experience as an Electrical Engineer.
- Strong technical background in automation and computer control systems and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
- Permanent work authorization in the United States
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related field of study.
- Knowledge of electric utilities, power systems, communications, control systems and/or network engineering and familiarity with public utilities such as oil, gas and water.