Work under the supervision of Dept Lead and/or Account Executive for guidance and training on all Account Manager responsibilities.
- At the direction of the Account Executive and/or Account Manager, prepare company submissions for new/renewal business, market as appropriate and prepare proposals.
- Prepare all change requests and review policies for accuracy.
- Setup and prepare new account files in AMS360 per agency procedures.
- Prepare and process cancellations when required and follow up on notices of cancellations per agency procedures.
- Respond to all carrier memos and process any necessary updates as directed.
- Prepare and process client requests, including ID cards, evidence of property, certificates of insurance, and binders.
- Mail policies and related documents to insureds as needed.
- Keep Account Executives and/or Account Managers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Service Company and clients in a manner to avoid potential exposure to E&O claims.
- Alert management of incidents that may require management assistance or approval.
- Respond to phone calls and e-mails within acceptable timeframe not to exceed 24 hours.
- Process client requests (e.g. ID cards, certs, binders) within 24 hours of request.
- Maintain current, consistent, detailed documentation on all client activity, phone conversations, and correspondence in AMS360.
- Utilize AMS360 suspense system to follow up on outstanding items in a timely manner to avoid overdue situations.
- Prioritize workload and request assistance as necessary to reduce backlog.
- Participate with management and other departments/personnel on special projects and other duties as needed.
- Keep current on rates, forms and coverage changes through bulletins, trade publications, and seminars.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Education requirement: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Active DOI P&C License required.
- Knowledge of AMS360 system or similar agency management system.
- Good listening skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are essential.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and products.