POSITION SUMMARY: Under close supervision performs clerical and data entry tasks that assist in administration of Commercial Property & Liability claims. This position requires considerable interaction with insured on the phone, and with management and other staff in the office and within the organization. Accordingly, consistently being at work in the office, in a timely manner, is inherently required of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Sets up new claims in system, ensuring all documentation is present and correct. *Prepares, schedules, and processes payment vouchers on claim files as directed by the Claims Examiner and/or Supervisor. *Documents all work product and claim activity in the electronic claim file. *Prepares and prints letters and sends via select method of delivery per claim examiner instructionProvides clerical support, including accounting, filing, faxing, sorting, photocopying, and alphabetizing. *Communicates pertinent claim information to the client, legal counsel and internal claims staff. *Answers phone calls, take messages and responds appropriately to requests for assistance. *Other duties as assigned.
Essential job function.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED/USED: Computer, telephone, 10-key, fax machine, printers and other basic office equipment.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED, and one (1) year experience in the commercial casualty claims industry (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient keyboarding skills (type 45 wpm).
• Working knowledge of medical/legal terminology.
• Ability to alphabetize and collate.
• Proficient in Word.
• Ability to follow written and spoken instructions from several individuals.
• Ability to produce accurate and detailed work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Courteous telephone skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and due dates.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in cooperation with workgroup.