- Adhere to a set script to inform contacts about the importance of isolation or quarantine and what to do if symptoms are present or develop.
- Handles and maintains confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Calls contacts of newly diagnosed cases and performs follow up contacts to support tracing obligations. This may require home visits if daily contacts are unsuccessful.
- Accurately collect and records demographic information, symptoms, and needs into the web-based data system.
- Provides contacts with approved, pre-drafted information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.
- Communicates with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness.
- Participates in on-going technical and persistence development trainings to strengthen skills throughout the project period to enhance effectiveness.
All contact tracers must successfully complete Ethics, HIPPA, and COVID-19 trainings.
- Basic computer skills and data entry experience.
- Must wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Familiar with the geographical region in order to perform contract tracing in Cook County.
- Must be able to work flexible hours that may include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged. Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with diverse cultures and age groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and precision.
- Skill and ability to use computer equipment, software programs, and perform data entry.
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals and assist with identifying solutions to problems identified.
Physical and Environmental Demands
This position is functioning within an office environment. The incumbent is responsible for adherence to all safety requirements. This includes but is not limited to the following policies and procedures: complying with Personal Protective Equipment requirements, hand washing and sanitizing practices.