We are looking to hire a prep cook in the Hershey area.
We need a prep cook for first shift, 6:30am- 3pm. Work week is Monday through Friday.
Pay is weekly.
It is a temp to hire position in school cafeteria setting.
Great benefits and wage increase upon hiring.
Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service. (chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces, etc.)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff and head chef.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
Prep Cook Requirements:
- Proven cooking experience, such as a prep cook, line cook, sous chef or head chef. Experience in batch cooking in preffered.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instruction and accurately follow a recipe.
- Must have knife skills and food safety knowledge.
Must be able to pass a criminal background clearance.