Title Material Handler Department(s) Production Reports to Shift Foreman Job summary-To ensure all machines are setup with material, polybags, boxes, screws etc., including removal of all such components from previous scheduled jobs. Follow all SOP and Work Instructions. Safety always comes first- it is imperative that you keep and maintain a safe, clean environment.
Summary of essential job functions
1. Communication ·Communicate with the previous shift material handler to find out what he is currently working on so you can take it over. Get with your foremen at the start of the shift to get direction on your priorities.
2. Routines -Ensure all machines have the correct material, blends, colorants, and do not run out. · Move finished goods from the machine after the scanning is done. Stock the machines with WIP components & packaging material.
3. Stocking machines with materials, screws, boxes etc. You must supply an empty clean Gaylord for each machine for scrap parts, runners, etc., in accordance to internal procedures. When a job is complete you must return all components to their original location using proper scanning procedures. Use IQMS, and/or the Work Order, to determine machine component needs.
4. Production. ·Wrap the skids before placing in warehouse. Responsible for the use of regrind on all applicable jobs. Return material to proper location using scanner. Old unusable skids must be placed neatly in the appropriate designated location. When cleaning hoppers, or any material container, use the vacuum cleaner provided. Mix resins & colorants per manufacturing recommendations. Responsible for drying resins per manufacturing recommendations. Keep all machines and auxiliary equipment, free from spilled materials.
5. Function as backup to the mold setter
6. Education and Experience Required. High school diploma or equivalent. We will train to operate a Forklift.