RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Determine what structures/materials and dimensions plans would require ensuring a strong plan.
- Check over all plans and drawings to make sure the final drafts are up to company standards.
- Requires strong attention to detail.
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids•
- Develop load supporting structural systems and specifications•
- Prepare design calculations for various structural elements and skeletal foundations, focusing on pre-cast concrete and hybrid systems to combine with other building materials•
- Collaborate with sub-contractors to coordinate structural work with other disciplines•
- Prepare cost estimates for structural work including quantity take offs and estimates
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year degree in structural engineering or related field required
- Minimum 4 years of residential experience relating to structural engineering, specifically single residential homes including wood framing.
- Thorough AutoCAD knowledge
- Comfortable working in a close team environment including collaborating and partnering with other engineers as well as designers
- Ability to take direction and proactively seek feedback for continuous improvement
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.