The purpose of this position is to develop and manage an engineering organization and it's products. Equipment includes machines utilize mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic devices integrated with state of the art PLC technologies.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to New Product Introduction, Documentation and Change Control, Manufacturing Engineering, and Continuous/Sustaining Engineering. This position is responsible for strategic input to the business planning process.
There is roughly 4-6 weeks a year of travel associated with this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all facets of an Engineering Organization – (5) employees
- Define and implement a New Product Development Process
- Improve the time to market for new products.
- Manage a Product Plan for the company
- Provide technical support and input to the Strategic Planning Processes
- Recruit engineering talent to implement the strategic plan as it relates to new products
- Participate in the Strategic Planning Process
- Support Lean Manufacturing efforts
- Create SOPs for Engineering and associated processes to aid in change control and to provide process quality improvement
Key Measurements / Results Areas:
- Sales dollars from new product introductions
- Time to Market for new products
- Feedback from internal customers
- Return on Investment (ROI)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the development and management of a comparable engineering function
- Organizational development
- Experience and success in achieving rapid time to market
- Experience with the design and development of complex machinery
- Must be a recognized leader
- Training junior engineers
Education and Experience:
Must have a BS or BA degree in a related engineering field, an advanced degree is desirable
Prior Engineering Management/Project Management experience is essential
- 85% sitting, 15% standing and/or walking.
- Use of hands and wrists: 90%.
- Occasionally required to crouch, kneel, or bend.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, or lift an object between 13-25 pounds.