Under general direction, the Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. Assists in maintaining the human resource database and all employee records and files. Assists in informing new employees of human resource policies and programs as needed. Performs general office support functions and assists area personnel as necessary.
This position will also now be completing the payroll function, so some payroll knowledge would be beneficial
This is a temp-hire position. (Could go direct hire after a short period of time)
You must pass a Lifescan background check.
Internal Relationships: All Staff, Interns and Volunteers
External Relationships: Applicants, Information Resources, Attorneys
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the human resource database (ALICE). Migrating to a new database KRONOS - experience with this software would be a huge benefit to potential candidates.
- Enters new hire information in the human resource system database.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate maintenance of employee personnel and supplemental files and searches the files for information.
- Plans, prepares, and coordinates the new hire intake process, including all post-offer, pre-employment paperwork and screenings.
- Monthly updates to the employee list, review list, I-9’s.
- Tracks monthly department safety trainings.
- Completes miscellaneous research, reports, and memos as requested including the EEO-1 report and the Fair Pay Survey.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relations with applicants, visitors, callers, and business professionals.
- Receives and tracks employment applications. Send appropriate letters to applicants.
- Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Maintains and projects the Agency’s professional reputation
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Agency personnel and with management.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Regular attendance
- Initiates and completes employee benefit enrollment, including entering all employee information into all insurance databases and portals as well as inputs all deductions and benefits into the payroll system.
- Inputs wage changes for all employees into the payroll system (Financial Edge).
- Inputs and changes all deductions and benefits for employees in
- Inputs and sets up new employees and terminates old employees in Financial Edge and ALICE.
- Responds to wage garnishments.
- Verifies all billing for benefits and Human Resources accounts.
- Responds to home loan applications.
- Completes the pre-hire process with all employees, including: Communicating with CCL to verify and obtain all clearances, obtains TB and Physicals, obtains driving records, verifies previous employment and education via Americhek, verifies eligibility for employment via Medi-Cal, Inspector General’s Exclusions list, SAM database and the Death Master checklist.
- Completes the new hire process by filling out all paperwork with the new hire and providing all information required by law.
- Adds and removes employees from DMV pull database.
- Distributes 401k information and enrolls employees into the 401k program.
- Tracks and reports employee hours for the ACA and submits ACA reporting to the IRS.
- Handles confidential employee information
- Aids in the termination process
- Cross trained in the Accounting Department
- Provides fill in assistance with mail collection and drop off as well as bank deposits
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this assignment successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least one year of related experience.
- Additional related training preferred.